Friday, February 18, 2011

Time with family and a sad goodbye


My sweet Boomie passed away December 30. We buried her body but her spirit is with Jesus now. She is no longer in pain but in Heaven with God.

It was the first time someone I've know my whole life died and I was a part of it all. My grandpa Baaboo died while we were on our honeymoon and I did not get to be a part of his funeral. I always had a special connection with Boomie. I used to spend countless hours out in the atrium water-coloring or journaling. Or often I was in the kitchen making a mess. But she loved every second of it. She was a friend who taught me to sew, she was fully alive and loved others so well. So many of my memories as a child were at her house. I think that's the benefit of living close to grandparents. I lived close to all of mine. Her burial and funeral were an amazing tribute to her life. It was a great time with family, very sad but I was so thankful we were able to spend it together.

Here are a few fun pictures of time with family.

The one above is Wes and Jef after the funeral. First E. Free made us a lunch of sandwiches and salads. It was yummy after all the crying!



Jeff was being really weird. But I love him and hardly ever get to see him. We were at moms for almost a week together and it was so much fun! We got to help mom with some stuff around the house but I didn't take any pictures of that...Lets just say I got my hands dirty and there was lots of trash involved.
Brently, Aaron Jef, me, Amy. We ordered pizza and were just being silly! We laughed a lot but it was good medicine after crying so much that day at the burial then the funeral.
Jaiya really loved interacting with Aaron, they played and played and Jaiya thought he was a riot.

2 comments:

  1. The blog is awesome! The pictures are amazing and you did such an AMAZING job speaking about your Boomie. You were poignant and honest. She would have been moved.
    Good luck with the blog, it's an awesome outlet. Can't wait to see more of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, Kristin! I'm adding you to my side bar (and sending you an email about how to that for yourself).

    ReplyDelete