Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Riggins Benjamin






I realize its been almost a year since I've blogged last......oh dear.  So much has happened this last year.  Riggs was born 2 days early on June 12, 2012. He was 8 lbs 14 oz. 22 inches. He flew to Children's Mercy in kc due to 2 holes in his heart and a very fast heart rate.  Needless to say I was excited to hold him a few days later when he and Ben came home and met me in the hospital. There has been so much adjusting in our lives to a family if five but I can't imagine it differently. He is a joy and I love being his mom and watching him learn. He is 7 months old and just cut his first two teeth. 

And so here I am a mother of 3. I love my kiddos so much it hurts sometimes but I am learning to accept a lot of grace from a big God especially on days I feel worn out and my heart feels a little tattered.  I am glad God knows I'm insufficient.  Our lives are full right now, with life group and relationships and activities. But we're trying to trust God each day and when we struggle to do it with his energy because it powerfully rests in us.  (Colossians 1:29) Our joy comes from him, our rest comes from him. 

I read a blog today called Finding Joy and she said today you are the perfect mom for your kids. I thought that was such a good quote in a world where we have facebook and pintrest telling us what the perfect mom looks like. Its to easy to compare and  I challenge every mom reading this not to compare ourselves with each other, but for us to be the hands and feet of Jesus to each other.  Today I am thankful for Ben who knows my heart and loves me well. I am thankful for my kiddos through the fits and mountains of laundry and dishes I choose Joy because the dishes and laundry are signs of them in our house.

Blessings today,
Kristin


Kristin for the Duell 5

No comments:

Post a Comment